Monday, June 24, 2013

Social Networking Sites

I visited MySpace today after many many years and it look very different (I might even reopen my account), in fact there are two types the classic and the new myspace. I browsed for a while and I can say that Myspace is more dedicated to art and creativity, its a good way to keep up with trends, fashion, music and for artist to expose themselves. On the other hand I recently joined twitter and while I am still getting the hang of it, I have notice that this media its very popular because people, companies, organizations etc can give their opinions or just express their comments about a topic and others with the same interest can reply. It is a good, fast way to put your thoughts out there. Now Facebook, that’s my thing, I love how you can stay connected with family and friends and meet other people through this type of media. Facebook is also being used for many other purposes like marketing, fan pages, charity and more. You can browse your contacts profiles and see their pictures, what are they up to, you can get back in touch with people from the past, from your childhood, from kindergarten, you can see on your wall updates from your friends. Another Networking site I visited was LinkedIn, this site has a professional environment, people here post their occupations,experience,education, they link with others and give organizations the opportunity to find talent through social network. This is a great idea in my opinion since it makes easier the hiring/job hunting process for both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment